Environment & CSR
We are committed to working towards a greener world and, as a transport company, we are conscious of our responsibility to protect the environment in which we operate. We strive to keep our emissions close to zero and all of our coaches are minimum Euro 3, with the majority of vehicles Euro 4, 5 and 6.
We also strive to protect the environment through the following projects and initiatives:
- Dedicated Compliance Manager appointed in-house;
- In-house eco-driving trainers operate regular green driving training programmes;
- Rainwater harvesting system feeds into our coach wash to reduce water wastage;
- Fuel management system installed on all coaches reducing fuel consumption by 10%;
- Driver incentive scheme encourages better driving practices, thus reducing emissions;
- Filter, oil, battery and paint recycling programme;
- LED and PIR low voltage lighting reduces energy consumption on our premises.
Telematics & Fleet Management
Every vehicle in our fleet is fully fitted with Blue Tree telematics to increase the efficiency and safety of our vehicles and reduce costs. We use our telematics system to collect information about vehicle location and driver behaviour including speeding, harsh braking and idling which have a direct impact on fuel consumption. We have developed an in-house driver incentive scheme to encourage improved driving practices, thus reducing our carbon footprint.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Eirebus is committed to giving back to the community in which we operate and we support a number of charitable projects and local initiatives. In October 2016, we showed our support for Pieta House on World Mental Health Day with a #BusBanter campaign on Swords Express. Comedians Joe Rooney, Andrew Stanley & Damian Clark performed on our coaches and passengers were asked to donate their fares to Pieta House instead of giving their fare to Swords Express.
We have also supported Swords’ based autism children’s charity, Snowflakes, through the provision of free transport to the home of Minister James Reilly in Moneygall for the annual Snowflakes day out; we provided sponsorship to Swords Community First Responders to fund a training course for volunteers in CPR, defibrillator use and assessing stroke, chest pain and choking symptoms and we have sponsored the Fingal Film Festival for the past three years, providing much needed funding to a local initiative.